12 Simple Ways to Cleanse and Recharge Your Energy
Everyday we are exposed to negative energy in our environment. Whether it's toxic people we come in contact with, psychic vampires, negative entities or EMF's (that's electromagnetic frequencies) that are emitted through wi-fi, cell phones, computers, etc., we are all affected energetically whether we realize it or not! For some the effects are quite subtle. For others, who are more sensitive, exposure to any form of negative energy can become particularly debilitating at times often causing anxiety, depression, panic and exhaustion just to name a few symptoms. If you find that you are being adversely affected by negative energy in your environment here are 12 simple ways to cleanse and recharge your energy:
1) Salt: Since ancient times, salt has been widely used as a medicine by folk healers across the world. Even Hippocrates had made extensive use of salt for treating various health disorders. A great method to cleanse away negative energy and energize one's auric field is to take a bath in salt water. Sea salt or himalayan crystal salt is the best salt to use. Make sure to dip your head under the water (a few times) for a full cleanse. If you are more of a shower type of person you can mix sea salt or himalayan crystal salt with coconut or olive oil and use it as a scrub. Another great option is to visit a natural hot springs! If you can plan a trip to Israel, floating in the dead sea is the ultimate healing experience! You can also try booking a session in a float tank which is usually filled with epsom salts. This is a real great experience to try if you haven't done so already!
2) Earthing: There is a new movement that has emerged recently called “Earthing” or Grounding” whereby you connect to the earth's energy through skin contact with the natural ground. It is known to be quite healing. Just sitting or lying down on grass, sand or soil can help cleanse and recharge your energy. I suggest doing so for approximately 20 mins or longer. Lying on grass, sand or soil and soaking up the sun is even better (if you don't burn!) Lie down and feel all the negative energy melt away into the ground and become super energized by the earth and sun's energy combined! You can also take a barefoot walk or jog! If you prefer not to be barefoot, Earthrunners makes a great pair of barefoot running shoes with copper inserts and conductive laces. I actually have a pair that I wear everyday just for casual walking around my neighborhood. They are super comfortable! You can also just place your hands and/or feet in grass, soil or sand. If you have absolutely no time to go outside and be barefoot in nature, there are special earthing devices you can purchase at earthing.com!
3) Smudging: If you're not familiar with smudging, it's an ancient spiritual purification ritual in which you burn sacred plants, such as sage, to allow the smoke to clear and bless a space. The smoke from dried sage actually changes the ionic composition of the air, and can have a direct effect on reducing one's stress response. If you sense that you've been exposed to negative energy, burning sage around your entire body will help cleanse it away and leave you feeling renewed and balanced. It's also a good idea to smudge your home, office, or any space that may be affected by negative energy, especially if there's been a conflict or argument in that space. Burning sage should help create a sense of peace and a more harmonious environment!
4) Clearing Spray (smoke free smudging): Clearing sprays are similar to smudging with sage as the intention is to clear away negative energy and purify your energy field and space. Clearing sprays often contain essential oil essences, crystal essences and/or reiki energy. Some clearing sprays actually contain sage, which is a great alternative if you do not like to be around sage smoke. Besides clearing sprays, there are also sprays available to energize yourself or a space with a specific intention such as abundance, love, positive energy, intuition, etc. Just like smudging, you can spray everything with your clearing spray! Spray yourself, your home, office, car...anything that needs to be cleansed and re-energized! You can purchase a clearing spray online or at your neighborhood health food store (if they sell it). You can also create your own clearing spray! Just google DIY clearing sprays and you will find tons of information!
5) Essential Oils: Essential oils have great medicinal benefits as they contain the essence of herbs and flowers in concentrated form.
Two of my favorites for clearing negative energy and providing protection are Juniper and Rosemary oil. I like to put them on before meeting with people, walking into crowded environments or performing an energy healing. I specifically add a tiny amount to my wrists, the back of my neck and the top of my head. These oils seem to help protect my energy and clear off any negative energy I may come in contact with. If I sense any type of negative lower vibrational presence in my energy field or space I tend to immediately reach for these oils. I also like to add them to my salt scrub that I use in the shower to create an extra powerful energy cleansing! Doterra makes some of the purest and most potent essential oils available on the market today! I highly recommend checking them out!
6) Crystals: Crystal healing is an alternative medicine practice that uses crystals and gemstones for their healing and therapeutic properties. Selenite is one of the more popular crystals for clearing away negative energy. It's very easy to use! All you have to do is take a piece of selenite and pass it over your entire body. You can also just hold a piece, sleep with it, wear it, etc. Black tourmaline provides protection from negative energy as does Shungite and Labradorite. There are many different crystals you can use to recharge your energy depending on the purpose. Rose Quartz is great for promoting love and healing sadness. Citrine is a great energizing crystal that promotes abundance and security. Just google healing properties of crystals and you should find exactly what you are looking for!
7) Orgonite: Orgonite is a man-made metal, crystal and resin combination that converts negative energy into positive energy. It balances and harmonizes bio-energy, otherwise known as orgone, chi or prana. You can wear it, sleep with it, place it under your bed, around your home, etc. Just be aware that orgonite is very strong for people who are new to the energy. I first discovered orgonite in 2012. I was so excited when my orgonite pendant arrived in the mail. The instructions stated to hang it in a room for a while and eventually start wearing it sporadically until one gets accustomed to the energy. I thought to myself, "I'll be fine!", and so I immediately put the necklace around my neck and thought nothing of it! I even slept with it on! Well, 24 hours later I am vomiting in a garbage can in Whole foods with a migraine headache! I felt immediate relief as I removed the orgonite off my neck and handed it to my friend. Needless to say, I was not ready for such a powerful energy! Now 5 years later I wear it everyday with no problem! It just takes some getting used to! So if you are seeking to cleanse, recharge your energy and raise your vibration to a higher frequency, then orgonite is a great way to go!
8) Sound Therapy: Sound has been utilized in various cultures for thousands of years as a tool for healing. Sound has the ability to positively affect our whole being. Sound helps to facilitate shifts in our brainwave state by using entrainment. Brainwave entrainment is a method to stimulate the brain into entering a specific state. There's a plethora of free healing music that can be found on youtube. I suggest searching for sound therapy, healing frequencies, chakra chants, meditation music, energy healing music, energy clearing frequencies, music to remove negative energy, energizing frequencies, crystal singing bowl frequencies, binaural beats, tuning forks, etc! Experiment and see what works for you!
9) Meditation: Meditation is a simple practice which can reduce stress, increase calmness, clarity of mind and promote happiness. Taking a moment out of your day to become still and clear your thoughts can be very helpful when dealing with negative energy. There's many types of meditations one can practice. Chanting, pranayama breathing, mindful meditation, chakra meditations, grounding meditations, creative visualizations, auto-suggestion, etc. It doesn't have to be complicated. You can close your eyes or keep them open. Take some slow deep breaths. Imagine all the negative energy (a dark murky color if you'd like to visualize a color) leaving your body through your root chakra (base of spine) and into the ground your are sitting or lying on. Then visualize a bright white or purple light of positive energy streaming into your body through your crown chakra (top of your head), or your heart chakra (heart) or any other place on your body. The meditation is up to you! The important thing is to see and/or feel the negative energy leaving you and than seeing and/or feeling the positive energy filling your whole body and auric field so that you are re-energized. You can also repeat a positive affirmation over and over again out loud or inside your head. You can meditate for an hour, 20 minutes or even 5 minutes! The possibilities are endless! If you can slow yourself down for a few minutes daily, the effects can be highly beneficial. Experiment and see what meditation works best for you!
10) Copper Pyramid: Pyramids have amazing healing qualities. They resonant to the earth’s magnetic field and create a life force energy. A large volume of magnetic concentration exists within the pyramidal boundaries which helps protect the human body from adverse effects of negative energies and radio frequencies. With regular use, the pyramid will help to create a beneficial environment for your body to function properly. I personally like to sit and meditate in my copper pyramid for at least 20 minutes a day, often times while holding two selenite crystal spheres! A feel an immediate sense of calmness as soon as I step into my pyramid. On quite a few occasions I've fallen asleep for many hours in my pyramid only to wake up feeling extra refreshed! Yes, it's a bit of an investment and does take up quite a bit of space, however it is the ultimate for cleansing and recharging ones energy! Optimally, the pyramid should be outside on natural ground. Since I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building, I have an earthing device connected to my pyramid so the energy can stay grounded!
11) Reiki: Reiki is a Japanese healing technique that utilizes life force energy to effectively balance and heal the mind, body and spirit. Reiki is a simple, non-invasive, all natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. As a reiki master energy healer I can't say enough about the amazing benefits of reiki. It balances, clears and energizes one's energy field. I highly recommend trying a reiki session it you haven't done so already. The effects are different for everyone as we are all unique beings with our own personal issues to work on. In some cases reiki can be dramatically life-changing! At the very least reiki will help remove negative stagnant energy from your energy field, relax, re-balance and energize your entire being!
12) Natural Supplements/ Homeopathy: If all else fails, you may be suffering from a nutritional deficiency, hormone imbalance, compromised immune system or some other health issue! Physical health problems may contribute to over-sensitivity issues and may even be the underlying cause of a mood disorder. If you find that external factors have an immense impact on your ability to function and it becomes difficult to work or cope with life on a daily basis, it might be wise to go see a doctor, preferably a holistic integrative doctor, naturopath or homeopath. They will recommend the correct tests and supplements you need to take to help you get better! I personally became extra sensitive to energy during a phase when I was B12 deficient with immune system issues, stomach problems and hormone imbalances! To this day I am still working to fix all of this, however my sensitivities have improved greatly with the help of homeopathy and certain supplements. So please take care of yourself! There is no need to suffer! You don't have to be at the mercy of negative energy! I wish you well on your journey! Peace and Blessings!
Jennie Haiman is a Reiki Master Energy Healer, Co-Founder of Self Saviorz Society California Non-Profit 501(c)(3), Poet, Author and Entertainer with goals to help raise the vibration and consciousness of humanity!